[Users] {Solved} GPG, Debian and Claws

Charles A Edwards cae at eslrahc.com
Sun Oct 2 18:29:20 CEST 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 11:21:19 +0100
Brad Rogers wrote:

> >Next (silly?) question, how do I stop gpg-agent running as a daemon
> >on next boot/login?  I don't want to have to run your incantation
> >every time I log in.
>
> I've decided to compile/install gnupg v1.4.21 from source, and use
> that.  Given the amount of stuff that uses gpg-agent, fiddling with it
> too much may be problematic.  IDK for sure, but why take the risk,
> eh?   :-)

I hate the thought of you regressing to v1.4.21  (-;
The high road it is.

To allow gpg-agent|pinentry|claws to play nicely together the TTY being
used has to be defined.

Edit ~.bashrc (or the appropriate file if you are using a different
shell)
add the lines:

GPG_TTY=$(tty)
export GPG_TTY

Run the commands or log-out and back-in.
There should now be no issue with signing in claws even if agent is
running.

    Charles

--
Yow!  I want my nose in lights!