[Users] {Solved} GPG, Debian and Claws

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sun Oct 2 12:21:19 CEST 2016

On Sun, 2 Oct 2016 06:59:33 +0100
Brad Rogers <brad at fineby.me.uk> wrote:

Hello,

>Next (silly?) question, how do I stop gpg-agent running as a daemon on
>next boot/login?  I don't want to have to run your incantation every
>time I log in.

I've decided to compile/install gnupg v1.4.21 from source, and use
that.  Given the amount of stuff that uses gpg-agent, fiddling with it
too much may be problematic.  IDK for sure, but why take the risk,
eh?   :-)

Thanks again to Charles and Michael for their assistance.

TBH, I'd expected the change from v1* to v2* for use with CM to be a
simple drop-in replacement.  The way I see it that's a gnupg issue, not
a CM one.

--
 Regards  _
Now I found you out, I don't think you're so smart