[Users] GPG, Debian and Claws

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Sat Oct 1 23:35:29 CEST 2016

Hello,

As of today, Debian are shipping GPG2 as GPG. That is, 'modern' rather
than 'classic'.

Now, me being me, I can't get the darn thing to work with Claws.  When
I try to sign a message, I get the error;

Could no queue message for sending;
Signature failed: Data signing failed, No pinentry

The thing is, pinentry (pinentry-qt, in fact) is installed.  I've also
followed the instructions at
http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Plugins#How_do_I_configure_gpg-agent_and_the_PGP_plugin.3F
regarding installation and setting for gpg, etc.

I'd appreciate some guidance as to where/what I'm doing wrong.

--
 Regards  _
If you ain't sticking your knives in me, you will be eventually