[Users] Fedora 25 upgrade renders Claws Mail unusable

edwardp at linuxmail.org edwardp at linuxmail.org
Fri Nov 25 00:54:05 CET 2016

On Thu, 24 Nov 2016 23:13:13 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> From a message from you on another thread on this mailing list:
>
> On Sat, 15 Oct 2016 22:37:07 -0400
> <edwardp at linuxmail.org> wrote:
>
> > I just installed Linux (Fedora 24, 64-bit) on a brand new hard
> > drive and after the install, Claws updated to 3.14.

Thank you Paul, I stand corrected.

Where 3.14 is in "testing" for Fedora 25 at present, this explains the
"downgrade" that occured in the 24 -> 25 upgrade.

3.14 isn't "stable" for 25 yet, hence the "downgrade" to 3.13.2.

In reality, it probably makes sense NOT to upgrade immediately when a
new release is introduced...