[Users] How to enable HTML viewing.

52midnight 52midnight at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 19:21:47 CET 2016

I'm using Claws 3.11.1 in LXDE on Debian 8.2 and am wondering how to
enable external HTML viewing.

I've installed the 'Fancy' plugin, set Preferences to

1. Render HTML messages as text

2. Render HTML-only messages with plug-in if possible

... but it's when I set the third that trouble arises:

3. Select the HTML part of multi-part/alternative messages

With this I can't see the non-HTML part that in many cases contains
needed info.

I've also set 'xterm -e elinks %s' as the command for external viewing,
but using the 'T' command or the menu option produces no result,
whereas 'L' causes the xterm window to appear briefly and immediately
disappear.

Could someone please enlighten me as the correct incantations and
potions needed here?