[Users] Move from folder to folder when read

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Wed Nov 23 18:05:02 CET 2016

On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:16:33 +0000
Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:42:58 +0000
> Paul wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:39:02 +0000
> > Brian Morrison <bdm at fenrir.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > May I ask how long it's likely to be before a point release to fix
> > > this up Paul? I think it would be useful for Windows users in
> > > particular, it's much more difficult to run a git version there
> >
> > Hard to say. There are a couple other related issues to fix first.
> > The available time is limited. But the next release will be out as
> > soon as possible.
>
> Fair enough, I can see that commits are gradually accumulating in the
> git repo but it's never obvious when all the necessary commits for a
> version bump have been made ;-)

It's often not obvious to the developers either. We tend to talk
mainly on IRC about what we'd like to add or fix in short-term, before a
release, and if everyone runs out, a release happens - once Paul finds
enough time to do the whole tedious release routine. :)

As for the Windows version - I was going to make a quick 3.14.1-2
release with just the 64-bit GPG issue fixed, but several people
reported strange crashes also in the "good old" 32-bit build, and I
still can't figure out what causes them, nor can I even reproduce them
(which would help tremendously). I felt discouraged to do another
release with these crashes still unfixed.

Also, I've been busy in general in past two weeks, so I had less time
to spare on this than I'd like.

Slightly off-topic:
How is the 64-bit version working for you? If you're really using the
3.14.1-2newcairo test release, do you see any graphical slowdowns when
e.g. selecting (ctrl+a) or unselecting all messages in summaryview?

Regards,
--
Andrej