[Users] Claws Mail 3.14.1 unleashed!!

Steffen Klemer moh at gmx.org
Thu Nov 10 13:01:02 CET 2016

Am Mon, 07.11.2016 um 15:11 schrieb Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk>:

> > I could just
> > browse through the next messages using "N" (and opening it).
>
> Currently you will need to press N and then Enter.
>
> > 	The old behaviour was so much better (select message when
> > going to the next message, but not selecting when clicking on a
> > folder).
>
> A stronger argument was given: "I've specifically asked it not to
> open messages, but it does anyway". This was the previous,
> inconsistent method, which was just wrong.

Depends on your view. I always used 'go to' Next/Prev/Next Unread as a
way to navigate while reading and found it pretty obvious that 'Next
Msg' navigates to AND opens it. What would be the use case otherwise?

When I wanted to quickly go through the Msg-List without viewing Mails I
used up/down (and the setting to not open them). It was pretty handy to
have both possibilities and made keyboard-only life so much easier.

I honestly don't see the point of entangling the 'go to'-items with the
cursor-navigation. They are a different thing. The option reads 'open
when selected'. I don't 'select' with the 'go to' items. I go to them...
(IMHO)

And I definitely hate the behavior that the first unread mail is opened
when opening a folder.

Steffen

 /\                        - against proprietary attachments