[Users] One character eaten

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Fri Nov 4 12:09:26 CET 2016

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 08:38:15AM +0000, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> Bit of a long shot, but anyway...
>
> Claws 3.14
>
> I have Claws installed on a number of systems, all running Debian/XFCE. On
> one of them only, when I use the 'change folder' ('G') or 'move to
> folder' (^O), the dialog box pops up as expected. Then, whatever key I
> type next (to select the folder) is ignored. After that, all is OK.
>
> So, to move a mail to the "xyz" folder, I do:
>
>  - ^O (dialog box appears)
>  - x (nothing happens)
>  - x (first folder starting with 'x' is selected)
>
> Really open to any suggestions as to why this may be happening.

I also use Debian (stable) + XFCE at work, and have not observed this.
You can also try to switch folder_search_wildcard hidden preference and
check if that improves (but I doubt so).

I'd try to find which things that system has different from the others:
GTK+ versions, Claws Mail config, environment variables, X input
methods, support libraries...

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones