[Users] Ghost emails / very strange POP behavior

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue May 31 21:06:09 CEST 2016

On Tue, 2016-05-31 at 14:52 -0400, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> Just a SWAG; but avoiding potential race conditions between devices
> still seems reasonable...  :)

Race conditions are another issue. Now I retrieved your mail first by
the MUA that deletes from the POP server, before I retrieved it by the
other MUA. Usually I would ignore it, or assumed it's important, I would
e.g. Ex/Import as mbox or resend it. Such race condition issues don't
make mails appear after a while, they are lost and never will appear.

The delay is a very good idea, I changed all accounts to delete after
one day. Thank you! I always considered a delay as bad, but actually I
missed the forest for the trees.