[Users] Ghost emails / very strange POP behavior

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Tue May 31 20:24:52 CEST 2016

Pierre,

thx for your reply.

> You said you delete messages when received on one machine...  this
> _could_ cause UIDL confusion...  I only delete mail from the servers from
> one machine, and even then, 10 days later (Receive in Edit accounts...)

I always assumed that whateve i do at the laptop, does not affect the server mailbox in any way, since the laptop just only downloads, never syncs. Was that incorrect ?

The first time i read those 'lost messages' was on the road from my laptop, which is set to POP but not delet from server. And despite what i might have written before, i just find that i did not delete the first message, there, but deleted my answer and the folllow up.

I wonder what UIDL corruption is, and how does it show up to the claws user ? Is there a possibility some mail gets into "stealth mode" somehow ?

And i have to repeat, i think it already happened earlier, at least two times, but back then i just could not believe it, and somehow went with the hopeful idea that my brain must be on err.