[Users] Automated send later?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon May 16 19:25:36 CEST 2016

On Mon, 16 May 2016 17:10:30 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>>On Mon, 16 May 2016 13:35:01 +0100 Paul wrote:
>>> Not really. The only thing approaching that, I think, would be
>>> queueing some msgs, and then using the crontab (for example) to
>>> execute `claws-mail --send`.
>
>IIUC this would sent all mails in the "Queue" folder.
>
>A /usr/bin/sendmail replacement that is easy to use, could be used to
>send individual mails at different times. I installed msmtp as
>sendmail replacement and used it without the need to spend much time in
>learning how to do this. Maybe there are better sendmail alternatives,
>I don't know.

I got a reply off-list, that my answer should be off-topic, so I guess
I need to explain more detailed.

Once a mail e.g. is saved as draft, it's possible to get the complete
mail by an action.

Selecting a mail and applying an action with the %f variable could save
the mail ready to send by the msmtp command and e.g. add a cron job.
This requires a short script.

Yes, Claws doesn't provide an option by default, but my guess is, that
giving the hint, how to solve this issue using Claws features isn't
off-topic.

Since I'm short in time, I don't provide a scrip, but hopefully this
hint is helpful.

Regards,
Ralf