[Users] New folder notification (SysTrayIcon) default

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Sat May 14 16:50:17 CEST 2016

Hi,

After all these years, never noticed that once "Only include selected
folders" is enabled, newly created folder(s) are disabled by default.

Before opening an enhancement request, is there already an option to
set the Notification default for new folders?

If not, I would find myself wishing
  Configuration:Preferences:Plugins:Notification:SysTrayIcon
had:

  [ ] Only {include,exclude} selected folders  [Select folders...]

instead of simply:

  [ ] Only include selected folders  [Select folders...]

This could then be used as the default for new folders.  For example,
once initially setup, my preference for new folders is to enable
notifications. The only reason I enabled this feature was to disable
notifications on Drafts and a few other folders.  By using exclude, I
could scan my long folder list more quickly -- check marks are easier to
see flying by than blanks.

{include,exclude} would essentially be a default toggle which would also
toggle all folder selections.

Cheers,
Pierre