[Users] How to use Ouick search.

Erik P. Olsen epodata at gmail.com
Mon May 2 17:44:10 CEST 2016

On 2016-05-02 at 10:16:16 Pierre Fortin wrote:

> On Mon, 2 May 2016 15:17:11 +0200 Erik P. Olsen wrote:
>
> >Selecting Quick search opens an input field next to the text
> >"Extended". An information button offers an explanation of how to
> >set up a search. Suppose I would search for <string> in all mail
> >bodies I should enter the following: b <string> and then what? No
> >search button to hit so I assume I should hit ENTER. But the only
> >thing that happens is that the search field turns yellow. Where are
> >the results?
> >
> >I sure miss something but can't see what that is. The manual is not
> >very informative so I need someone to please guide me in the right
> >direction.
> >

> Such searches are generally done while in the folder you wish to
> search; but, as you move move to other folders, the search will
> repeat -- until you hit Clear.
>
> The positive results are those messages that are still visible in the
> message list.  This is more akin to "grep -l ..." than "grep ..."

OK. I select the folder in which mails from my wine supplier are found.
I know that many of the mails contain the word barollo so I set up
search for barollo by entering b barollo after the extended button and
hit ENTER. The search field becomes yellow and the message list is
empty. So again where are the results?

--
Erik