[Users] How to place mailboxes in hidden folder

Paul claws at thewildbeast.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 12:41:12 CEST 2016

On Tue, 29 Mar 2016 12:26:29 +0200
Albert ARIBAUD <albert.aribaud at free.fr> wrote:

> I am not forgetting it; but not all CM users read this list, and I
> strongly suspect that many who arrive on this list do not read past
> archives and therefore are not exposed to the information that
> developers and regulars of the list may have posted (I'm pretty sure
> even regulars do not read every single mail on the list). So just
> because there are people who can tell CM users, or even have told
> some CM users, that putting mail and config file in a single
> directory works, does not mean that everyone here knows this too.

But we're on the list right now! Those who do read the list archives
should be able to find useful information, but what Chris Hirst wrote
was wrong and misleading, which makes reading the archive less useful.

> Yes, even after your original response, first because "why" isn't
> much of an informative response, and second and more seriously,
> because whether the user *can* use a full path does not mean (s)he
> *knows* (s)he can at the moment (s)he wants to.

"why" isn't much of an informative response, but since I'd just
written the orignal response it didn't seem necessary to repeat it
all over again just to qualify my question when it was there in the
thread already.

with regards

Paul