[Users] How do they do that? ✈

Fri Mar 25 21:52:09 CET 2016

On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 13:43:37 -0700
sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:

>On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 19:46:46 +0100
>Andreas Ronnquist <mailinglists at gusnan.se> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 25 Mar 2016 11:43:50 -0700
>>sylpheed at 911networks.com wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>CM 3.13.2 on arch.
>>>
>>>I'm on some Travelocity spam list. Their email subject starts with
>>>the icon of a plane.
>>>
>>>Here's the print screen:
>>>
>>>http://i.imgur.com/64KeJSe.png
>>>
>>>How do they do that on the subject line? and it shows on the plain
>>>text as a plane.
>>>

>>Unicode has a character for it:
>>
>>http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2708/index.htm
>
>Thanks, nice to know, then the next question is:
>
>How do I enter that on the subject line in CM?

Copy it from somewhere where it is available as a unicode character
(for example from
http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/2708/browsertest.htm
which is linked from the previous link I gave),
and simply paste it into the topic. (see this email as an example with
the plane at the end of the topic line)

For the recipient to see the plane it is however required that that
person uses a font in their email client that shows the email topic and
the character as a plane.

/Andreas