[Users] Multiple addresses.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 2 11:52:31 CET 2016

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:43:56 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:17:32 +0100, Andrej Kacian wrote:
>>On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:24:45 +0000
>>Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there a way to get claws to warn if you are about to send to more
>>> than one address?
>>>
>>> Just lately I seem to keep sending to lists, and named user, when I
>>> only want to send to one or the other :(
>>>

>>Perhaps it's up to you to have some discipline and be mindful of what
>>you are sending to whom? Until there is software support for mind
>>reading, an application has no way of telling whether the set
>>recipients are correct or not.
>>
>>It's not like it's hard to look at the recipient list before hitting
>>"send".
>
>That's a reproof, not an answer to the OP's question.
>
>I guess the answer is, that Claws does not provide an option, to get a
>notification, if a mail is send to more than one recipient (but I
>don't know for sure).
>
>However, at least "reply to sender" allows to ensure, that a message
>will only be send to this recipient and nobody else.
>
>If you only want to reply to the mailing list, this could fail, if the
>sender does use a "Reply-To" header and the mailing list should not
>override this header.

PS:

A real pitfall is that you might forward a message in plain text only,
you edit the plain text and don't notice that the HTML text of the
original mail is attached. I wonder that this could happen, that HTML
becomes an attachment when forwarding plain text, but I noticed this for
3.13.2-1-geb0880-dirty. So it's really useful to check the mail
addresses and attachments before sending.