[Users] Multiple addresses.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Mar 2 11:43:56 CET 2016

On Wed, 2 Mar 2016 11:17:32 +0100, Andrej Kacian wrote:
>On Tue, 1 Mar 2016 22:24:45 +0000
>Abrolag <abrolag at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to get claws to warn if you are about to send to more
>> than one address?
>>
>> Just lately I seem to keep sending to lists, and named user, when I
>> only want to send to one or the other :(
>>

>Perhaps it's up to you to have some discipline and be mindful of what
>you are sending to whom? Until there is software support for mind
>reading, an application has no way of telling whether the set
>recipients are correct or not.
>
>It's not like it's hard to look at the recipient list before hitting
>"send".

That's a reproof, not an answer to the OP's question.

I guess the answer is, that Claws does not provide an option, to get a
notification, if a mail is send to more than one recipient (but I
don't know for sure).

However, at least "reply to sender" allows to ensure, that a message
will only be send to this recipient and nobody else.

If you only want to reply to the mailing list, this could fail, if the
sender does use a "Reply-To" header and the mailing list should not
override this header.