[Users] Compound search is very slow

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Jun 30 23:16:12 CEST 2016

On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 16:31:21 -0700, Dave Stevens <geek at uniserve.com>
wrote:

> Hi yourself,
>
> I'm glad you made progress, but can you tell me more about those
> emails from the future? ;-)

Glad to.

There's a certain class of person who makes me wonder if a license
should be required to use the Internet. No matter how much you read
them the rules of the road, they keep getting the same things wrong.

A significant subset of them have computer clocks with the wrong time.
Of those, most have whatever time is the default for their computer
hardware. Yeah, their battery ran out and they just didn't care.

But the more creative ignoramuses actually have their computer clocks
set ahead: Most by days, a few by years.

Now the beauty of this whole thing is that the clowns stupid enough not
to have their time right are also stupid enough to get virused up and
recruited into the global spam bot army, from whence they send billions
of wrong-time emails, some of which get to me.

One guy, who should know better, on a Linux list, has emailed me some
emails from 2032.

Several times. After receiving feedback about it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==