[Users] Compound search is very slow

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Jun 29 20:11:42 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I'm talking about the search field appearing just below the message
list and just above the single message box, and I'm talking about its
leftmost dropdown set at "extended".

Perform the following search:

al 1 & b through

If your situation is anything like mine, this will take far, far longer
than just al 1 (date is indexed and is selected immediately), and
subjectively a lot longer than you'd imagine it should take to search
the bodies of today's and yesterday's emails.

I haven't looked at the code, but I have a feeling it's (slow)
body-searching a lot more messages than just those selected by al 1.

How hard would it be for these extended searches to select left to
right, so the user can select by indexed values before unindexed values?

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==

--
SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2016 featured book: Troubleshooting: Why Bother?
http://www.troubleshooters.com/twb