[Users] Claws 3.13.2 auto-read all my unread messages

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Mon Jun 20 03:19:24 CEST 2016

Hi all,

This only happened to me once, it was an event, but just in case some
of you have observed it and are wondering if you're crazy...

I came to my computer, clicked "Get Mail", and after it got the mail
for my inbox, it started reading the emails one by one, and then
marking them read. In other words, in the message list, the highlight
kept going down until it was at the newest message.

Then it got to my spam folder and started reading every one of that
folder's unread messages. Soon Claws aborted wordlessly, whether
because I hit Ctrl+C or clicked the windows X button or just because it
got confused, I don't know.

It acted as if I leaned on the n key and got the keyboard buffer filled
with hundreds of n characters, but I don't think I did that.

By the way, this was 3.13.2 or perhaps its latest predecessor: I'm on a
rolling release distro so I'm not sure.

So if you see something like this happen, you might not be crazy or
imagining things :-)

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==