[Users] Order of filtering and spam handling.

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon Jun 6 23:47:43 CEST 2016

On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 17:30:43 -0400, Michael A. Yetto wrote:
>On Mon, 6 Jun 2016 23:10:05 +0200
>"Erik P. Olsen" <epodata at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>My spam folder gets filled up at an increasing speed. Some are negativ
>>hits which I don't want deleted but others come every day and
>>sometimes more than once and these I want to filter out to delete. I
>>haven't as yet found out how to do it but I'll see if some of the
>>advice I have received can be used.
>>
>>Thanks to all for your advice.
>
>Try going to Preferences / Bogofilter and and check When unsure, move
>to <#mh/Mailbox/inbox/spam-suspect>,  or some other filter. Just check
>and classify what is in there until Bogofilter has a better handle on
>your criteria.

Bogofilter should decide to delete or to be unsure ;)? This is asking
for trouble, an option that is just useful for some people. It's better
to always check mails marked as spam and mails that are definitively,
without any doubt spam + send in high ammounts, should be deleted by a
filter rule, or as already mentioned, better directly get banned by the
ISP filters.