[Users] Three questions regarding claws-mail

Michael A. Yetto myetto1 at nycap.rr.com
Sat Jul 30 15:46:32 CEST 2016

On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 08:57:27 -0400
Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 30 Jul 2016 13:20:58 +0100, Paul stated:
>
>>They're already sitting on your filesystem as files in directories.
>>Why do you need to export them when you can just copy (and so on) the
>>files and directories.
>
>Primarily, ease of use. In MS Outlook, and other MUAs as I have
>discovered, I can simply click on the main folder and choose to export
>it. MS Outlook, and perhaps others, even offer the ability to choose
>all or a subset of the sub-folders to export. I am not sure if
>claws-mail really needs that fine grain of an approach, although it
>would be nice.
>
>What comes as a surprise to me is that claws-mail offers the ability,
>from the file menu, to export individual folders, but not the main
>folder and its subdirectories. Personally, I do not see the rational
>behind that decision.

From the viewpoint of myself and others in this thread it isn't that
you can export the messages from Outlook and not from Claws. It is that
you must export them from Outlook, but there is no need to do so from
within Claws.

The messages are already in the file system and can be copied, moved,
printed, or converted to PDFs even when Claws is not running.

There is no step missing when using Claws, there is an extra step when
using Outlook.

Mike Yetto
--
"Science knows no country, because knowledge belongs to humanity, and
is the torch which illuminates the world. Science is the highest