[Users] How to remove e.g. 'sent' folder from Mailbox

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Fri Jul 29 17:48:34 CEST 2016

On Fri, 29 Jul 2016 16:40:48 +0200, tech-info wrote:
>i use Claws Mail 3.13.2 (Linux Mint 18) with a couple of
>POP-Mailaccounts. Every single one has its own Mailbox (MH).
>So i got 15 times the 'trash' , 'sent' , etc. folders.
>
>Since a couple of hours I try to get rid of the unused 'sent' folders.
>(I direct the sent mails into the 'inbox' folder.)
>And I would like to delete a couple of 'outbox' folders.
>
>But i can not figure out how it works. When i 'right-click' on the
>folder the delete option is greyed out.
>Even deleting the folder from the Filesystem oder messing with the
>folderlist.xml (Is there any manual on this?) didn't help.
>
>I would love to get a tipp how it works or where i could start
>exploring the needed Infomation.

To add a new POP account, you don't need to add a new mailbox by File >
Add Mailbox > MH..., you only need to add a new account by the
Configuration menu.

Take a look at
Configuration > Edit Accounts... > Some Account > Receive > Default Inbox
Configuration > Edit Accounts... > Some Account > Advanced
and edit it for all accounts, to select the same MH.

Care that no filter or anything else does use a different MH and
after moving the mails you want to keep, remove all the MHs you don't
need, by right-clicking on the mailbox and selecting
Remove mailbox... .

I'm using several POP accounts and only have got one MH and there never was a
MH created, when I added a new POP account.

Regards,
Ralf