[Users] filtering: from matchcase limited to <user at domain.tld> only?

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Fri Jul 29 06:42:48 CEST 2016

On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 20:30:10 -0400 Charles A Edwards wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Jul 2016 19:52:13 -0400
>Pierre Fortin wrote:
>
>> Hi Charles (long time),
>
>It has been awhile but I'm still around kicking.

Good to hear.  I'm still vertical, so that's good too...  :)

Interesting discovery (see below)...

>> Gotta be the most simple & innocuous problem -- usually the case for
>> my most difficult problems...  :/
>
>I can well understand that.
>My latest was about a month ago trying to get a Radeon to work on
>another linux system.
>I must have sent an hour but I could not get it to use or load the ati
>driver but kept loading nouveau.
>It was driving me up the wall, then I finally realized I had put in the
>wrong damn card.
>It was another nvidia Not the radeon I had intended use.
>DUH!!! (-:

LOL! Had many flubs myself.  Circa 1990, I used to have this in my .sig:
  Until you've found AND fixed a problem,
  what you discount will likely be the cause.

That was triggered when I finally got to the bottom of a problem on
equipment that had "worked" for 10 YEARS -- incomplete installation! :p

>> Here's the input again (via emacs copy this time):
>> From: "Instructables" <no-reply at u1924168.wl.sendgrid.net>
>
>I'm no expert on regexp but I think you need to include the quotation
>marks in the filter
>Instead a simply Instructables it would be
>"Instructables"
>and it would appear in the filter as
>"\"Instructables\""

That should only apply to wrappers (like bash) which strip certain
characters; but trying in case... [testing]   No change...

I have other similar rules that [used to?] work; but haven't seen
messages to exercise them in a while...

sendgrid.net is showing up from more often. They appear to be a mail
blaster service that seems intent on obfuscating filtering attempts.
This is my third rework of this filter trying to find a reliable rule.
Was using [b]ody_part filter previously...

I also get emails from "Duke Energy" (power company) via sendgrid.net, so
moved a recent message to inbox, and created new filter. All I did was
directly edit the string (v. using the wizard) from "body_part" to "from"
and that rule now fails to match...

INTERESTING....  I always run two instances of CM.
Running same test on my other instance and it _works_ there...

No more time to dig into this until tomorrow afternoon.

Maybe something in [hidden?] *rc setting(s)...?

Cheers,

>    Charles

Pierre