[Users] Migrate to new installation, extract attachments

Felipe T. Dorado ftdorado at ono.com
Sun Jul 24 13:47:01 CEST 2016

Hello Ralf  : )

On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 00:31:11 +0200, Ralf wrote:

RM> >	- copy  old /home/user/.clawsmail to the new /home/user
RM> >	- copy the whole old /Mail to the new /home/user directory.
RM> >
RM> >And that's it. I have my new clawsmail working as usual : )  Great!
RM> >
RM> >Is that _the_ way to do it or is there a better way?
RM>
RM> That's the way to do it.

Thank you.

RM> So the copy command after su or sudo would be
RM>
RM>   cp -pr /path/of/old/dir/ /path/to/new/

You're absolutely right. I did copy the Mail directory properly so that
permisssions were correct. I think I did it troght mc preserving
permissions. But your suggestion makes it even simpler.

RM> Assumed you're using a plugin, you might need to copy additional
RM> directories/files. I for example use bogofilter to sort out spam. The
RM> directory to copy is ~/.bogofilter/.

And yes, I forgot about what bogofilter had learned  : (  I've done as you
suggest and copied ~/.bogofilter/. too. Thank you again.

As for the attachments I have only managed to extract individual
directories so far. As I have about 80! I'm still learning how to best do
it. I hope someone can have a look at Holger's script and suggest how to do
it.

Have a nice summer.

Felipe  : )