[Users] filtering and bsfilterw on windows port

Larry Jaffe larry at jaffeworld.net
Thu Jul 21 23:52:33 CEST 2016

Thanks for the rapid reply Andrej.

Logging has been turned on from day 1, apparently and the only mention
of filtering in the log is for bsfilter.  I double-checked and filter
on receive is enabled.

I peeked into clawsrc and I see that:

ask_apply_per_account_filtering_rules=1
apply_per_account_filtering_rules=2

Do those settings look correct?

--
Respectfully,

Larry Jaffe

-----------------------------

> On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 16:40:58 -0400
> Larry Jaffe <larry at jaffeworld.net> wrote:
>
> > Hello everyone.  I am new to claws-mail and am having much
> > difficulty getting filtering to work automatically.  I have
> > followed the manual and set up a filter to move certain mails into
> > a folder.  I am setup to check mail every few minutes or so and I
> > have checked the box to filter mail upon receipt.  However, the
> > filter does not get applied when mail is received.  I have to
> > manually run the filter in order for it to be applied.  I'm sure
> > I'm missing something simple, but I've been through the manual, all
> > the settings, the FAQ, and I've reviewed the mailing lists going
> > back as far as January.  There's been no mention of this issue so
> > I'm guessing I must be missing something simple.
>
> Hi, try enabling filtering log (Other->Logging page in preferences),
> and then, after you receive some messages, look at the log (look in
> main window's Tools menu).
>
> Also, make sure that filtering on receive is enabled in your account's
> preferences, on Receive page.
>
> > Also, I have bsfilter set up but it isn't moving mail to my spam
> > filter.  However, I saw the post from last month about the issue
> > with this, so I am waiting patiently for the next release to come
> > out with the fix.
>
> Yes, most likely it is the same issue as previously discussed.
> Hopefully it will be fixed in next release, in a few weeks.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Andrej

Respectfully,