[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 20 18:54:02 CEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 18:23:33 +0200
Andrej Kacian <andrej at kacian.sk> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 12:16:45 -0400
> Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> If you're trying to change what happens when you select "open in
> browser", then you need to look at what *web browser* your KDE has set
> as default, and determine what happens if that browser gets to act on
> a mailto: URL.
>
> Regards,

Andrej,

Firefox is set as the default browser for KDE.

In Firefox preferences under "Applications" the mailto is set as
"Use claws-mail."

So I think I have things properly configured -- unless there is a
setting somewhere I've missed.

Note also that in order to send e-mails from a visited Firefox website I
made an addition to about:config

I added <network.protocol-handler.app.mailto> as the name, <user set>
for the status, <string> for the type, and <claws-mail> for the string's
value (no < > characters of course).

This I have found necessary in order to send an e-mail to a link in
Firefox. But could it also be the source of my problem with KMail
popping up when I click on a name in certain e-mails viewed in
Claws-Mail?

Thanks!
Gil