[Users] Replying to some links in an e-mail opens KMail rather than Claws-Mail

Gil Weber gilweber at bellsouth.net
Wed Jul 20 18:16:45 CEST 2016

On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 16:47:50 +0100
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Jul 2016 11:33:20 -0400
> Gil Weber <gilweber at bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> > However,
> > clicking on the name (an embedded link?) opens K-Mail rather than
> > Claws-Mail.
>
> This will probably/possibly work:
>
> Go to KDE's System Settings -> Personalisation -> Applications ->
> Default applications -> Email Client
>
> Choose 'Use a different email client' and put this in the box:
>
> claws-mail --compose
>

> with regards
>
> Paul

Paul, thanks for the reply. I don't seem to have the directions you
suggest for getting to "use a different email client," but
I think I am getting to where you suggest by the following:

Configure Desktop (System Settings) > Default Applications > Choose the
default applications for various services > Email Client > Use a
different e-mail client. And there I have had the following
displayed since I installed Claws-Mail quite some time ago:

claws-mail %u

I removed the %u and inserted --compose.

Unfortunately that didn't change anything.

I also tried removing the %u so that my selected email client simply
showed claws-mail. That also did not make any difference.

And I even tried inserting --compose after %u so that it read:

claws-mail %u --compose.

Again, no difference.

Note: hovering over the original designation of claws-mail %u shows the
following:

%u: Full mailto: URL

Any other suggestions?

Thank you. Your wise guidance is appreciated.
Gil