[Users] BSFilter does not work in Claws in Windows 7 64-bit

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Tue Jul 12 12:12:21 CEST 2016

On Tue, 12 Jul 2016 18:46:20 +1000
Frank Shann <shannf at netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I have just installed Claws 3.13.2 in Windows 7 64-bit. It is an
> excellent program, thank you. However, when I add BSFilter,
> downloads time-out (even when I have filled out all the options).
> "Error. The BSFilter plugin couldn't filter a message. The command
> 'bsfilterw.exe' couldn't be run." bsfilterw.exe is in C:\Program Files
> (x86)\Claws Mail.
>
> Can anyone help me to get BSFilter to run?

Hi Frank,

I think I have found the bug, and am fixing it for the next release, but
just to be sure that it's the same bug you're seeing, can you please run
Claws Mail in debug mode?

You can do so by adding a --debug switch either to the desktop
shortcut, or executing this from a text console (cmd.exe):

"c:\program files (x86)\claws mail\claws-mail.exe" --debug

Then, in Claws Mail, try one unsuccesful download like you described,
exit Claws Mail, and send me resulting debug file, which should be in
c:\users\yourusername\appdata\local\temp\claws-win32.log.

Thanks,
--
Andrej