[Users] Again: Account lost

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Sun Jan 31 23:54:43 CET 2016

On Sun, 31 Jan 2016 20:35:54 +0100
Ralf Hutter <rhutter at posteo.de> wrote:

> Hello everybody,
> i posted the almost exact issue in august already, and since then it has
> happened twice again: Claws doesn't show me one of my two
> email-accounts any more. No error message, nothing happened, it's just
> gone.
> I find data about this account, namely the different folders, in the
> folders cert, imapcache and tagsdb, but not in the files accountrc,
> folderitemrc and folderlist.xml.

Those files have backup copies (.bak) on the same folder. You can check
if they're OK and eventually restore the originals.

> It is always an account of riseup.net that disappears. Could that play a
> role?

Don't see how, unless you are talking about some kind of magic... :)

> It always happens on my laptop. On my desktop computer i've been
> having the same install for about 3 months now without any problems.

Same OS? Same filesystem? Same disk technology? All that counts.

> Any ideas?

Upgrade: your version is very old.

regards,
--