[Users] desktop integration

Ralf Mardorf info.mardorf at rocketmail.com
Sat Jan 30 13:41:26 CET 2016

On Sat, 30 Jan 2016 12:16:24 +0100, Andrej Kacian wrote:
>You can use any of the zillions notification apps, gadgets and widgets
>that are available for watching new IMAP and/or POP3 messages. This has
>nothing to do with Claws Mail, really.

Likely not all, but for sure most of them, for panels or stand alone,
require a running MUA. I guess Michael needs a name of such an app.
When I answered to a PM I gave the same answer as you did Andrej,
because it wasn't clear that no MUA is running. However, at least a
script should allow to check just for new mail, while no MUA is running
and it could notify using zenity or a terminal emulation.
Regarding the information provided by PMs, I suspect that Michael needs
to do too much unusual things to satisfy the noob family needs and
even while all of them are helpful for the noobs, they are OTOH prone to
cause issues. I strongly advise against doing too much, otherwise it
will become a never-ending admin job.