[Users] password protection

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Jan 29 21:57:13 CET 2016

ssh login seems to be an interesting option.

But i have to clarify that the password protected claws needs read & write access to all the main user folders. I'm not going to explain "You have to save to this folder alone" and "You can't attach a file from there". The result will be, they stop doing mail, because it's a hassle, not fun - end of story. Alternatively, they probably ask me to screw passwords.

I guess i can use group permissions and umask settings in ~/.profile making anything rw for the group. (Does claws respect umask settings ?)

So then there would be ssh into another account just to have a password barrier ... i'm not convinced if it's not overkill. And i wanted to avoid double user shizophrenia somehow :)  But, let's see if it works. (I need a testbed on one of my machines)