[Users] Endless certificate warnings

John Sutton johnericsutton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 29 13:40:04 CET 2016

I have two accounts set up in Claws Mail 3.9.3, one is gmail, the other
is a university account.  All 4 channels (two each of imap and smtp)
use ssl.  I'm running on Ubuntu 14.04.3.

I am inundated with SSL certificate warnings!  On average maybe 10
times a week I have to manually accept a certificate.

I have the required CA certificates- "GeoTrust Global CA", expires
2022, and "QuoVadis Root CA 2", expires 2031 - in /etc/ssl/certs but it
seems that either Claws Mail can't find them or can't use them or is
supposed to have its own copies which (again) it can neither find nor
use.

I can find nothing in the preferences which seems relevant to this
problem.

Please can somebody give me a clue?

Thanks.

--