[Users] Scary composer feature: disappearing address fields

help123 at dobrynin.us help123 at dobrynin.us
Thu Jan 28 16:55:03 CET 2016

Dear all,

I tried to send a message using ClawsMail, so I entered
something into the "TO:" field in the composer.  I then
added a "BCC:", and this is when the original "TO:" field
VANISHED.  I re-entered it, and re-entered it again, so
I inadvertently sent a message to the same address but
repeated three times.

My question is: HOW DO I KEEP THE ADDRESS FIELDS VISIBLE
AND PREVENT THEM FROM EVER BEING HIDDEN?

Many thanks,
Nickolai

PS  You understand that hiding an address field is a recipe
for disaster because you may enter a wrong address,
forget that you entered it, and enter a different one,
so the message will be sent to one additional recipient
WITHOUT YOU REALIZING IT.  This is scary!

Yes, I've read about using Shift-Tab, but this sanity
check is SO easy to skip, especially when you're in a
hurry.

Why would somebody make such a design decision????