[Users] was: Shared data between boots - now: Transferring data files from Win to Lin

work at mykot.com work at mykot.com
Wed Jan 6 19:41:39 CET 2016

On Wed, 6 Jan 2016 05:29:55 +0100
Ralf Mardorf wrote:

> File > Export to mbox file...
> or select all
> File > Export selected to mbox file...
> then
> File > Import mbox file...

> Surely this is too much trouble. If the windows partition is
> available from linux, make a tarball, preserving timestamps.
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

I installed clawsmail in linux.
I copied the existing mail directory into the new mail directory (all
3.2g)
It opens with what looks like full folders.
As soon as I select any folder, it zeros out. It shows no mail.
So, how do I get claws to access the existing mail data?

I will try the tarball, but copying in the data would still have the
same issue wouldn't it?  Is the timestamp what is cause the data to not
be accessed?

Do I have to mbox each and every folder that contains mail?  It doesn't
look like the file at 750k has the export for 3.2g of mail.

thanks,
Mike