[Users] Including filter/processing rules

Chris Hirst (claws) claws-mail at fy3.co.uk
Fri Jan 1 00:20:12 CET 2016

Hi,

Is it at all possible to include additional filtering or processing rules into matcherrc using includes of one kind or another?
My reason for asking is that I have several 'honeypot' and 'catchall' mailboxes that I use for sollecting spam, which I use Claws filters to put them into a separate local mailbox which is then parsed by some Python scripts to extract various headers etc and create SpamAssassin filter rule files which are then uploaded as global rulesets to the four mail servers I look after.
Part of this process also creates an updated set of filter rules for Claws which I then have to copy and paste into matcherrc, it would be handy to cut out the 'copy and paste' bit and have a additional file for these 'rules' that was imported or included on the next claws start up.

Alternatively would it be possible to write a python script that hooked into the filter creation system, but I can't see anything in the documentation or in 'clawsker' about a method of importing or adding rules.

Thanks
Chris Hirst.