[Users] Including filter/processing rules

Chris Hirst claws-mail at fy3.co.uk
Wed Feb 24 12:58:37 CET 2016

HI am trying to determine if I am correct in how I am using this 'plugin', or not OR there is a 'bug' in the code some where. I do not know if the code I posted is valid and WILL in fact mark the message(s) as read  where the subject matches the provided text.

An answer of "yes it will" or "No, it does this instead" will allow me to continue  my testing to determine where the problem lies. I am not asking for you to debug my code, I simply need to know if I am heading in the right direction. Because at the moment this is looking like a rather large problem in claws or the plugin itself rather than something I am doing wrong.

> If that's your situation then maybe using perl filtering instead of
> the built-in filtering is trying to run before you can walk.

If you read the very first post in this saga, you will find exactly why I am trying to figure this out. I CAN use the built in filtering VERY successfully and I can write a script that generates new filtering rules that DO work, it is ONLY this perl filtering that is giving a problem in the very unexpected results and I am simply trying to find out WHY it does not work as I expect it to work.

It is a very simple situation. If I write a rule DIRECTLY into matcherrc (bypassing what is for me a VERY longwinded rules dialogue) it works, if I write the EXACT SAME rule in the perl_filter in the proto code format that it accepts, it does NOT work, and I am trying to ascetain why that is. I do NOT have a problem with the coding of this, I merely have a problem with what is possibily the implementation of this filtering system and I am attempting to find if this is actually YOUR problem in claws or my problem with missing something!

Your help would be appreciated with MY debugging of YOUR application. Because at this moment it seems to be YOUR problem with the implementation of this particular plugin in claws-mail.

Thank You.
Chris Hirst