[Users] Font ugliness coming in Ubuntu 16.04?

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Thu Feb 18 23:16:13 CET 2016

On Feb 18, 2016, at 10:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

>This font issue has nothing to do with Claws.

How did I know someone would say this? ;}

Can you provide any more details?  If the issue isn't with Claws, but CM is
clearly affected by the change, then where's the problem?  Or is it just not a
problem and purely by accident it used to look good and now it doesn't?   Or
is this just going to be one of those transom-bugs that just never gets fixed?

I'm trying to get a handle on where to poke at the problem, or just to suck up
and live with it, but I know nothing about freetype or font handling in CM or
elsewhere.

Any details, clues, etc. would be appreciated.

Cheers,
-Barry