[Users] Keyboard shortcuts - again

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 9 20:10:30 CET 2016

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 18:46:56 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:43:32 +0100
> Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:
>
> > Sometime ago, i had difficulties with editing messages that
> > suddenly disappeared completely when i hit some random key.
> >
> > I think i found it now: It's Ctrl+W 'discard message'. I must have
> > hit this acciedntly (holding the Crl key down for a second too
> > long) then hit Enter.
> >
> > It is not a menu item and i could not find the keyword
> > 'discard' (by grep) anywhere in the config files. How can i change
> > the assignment ?
> >
> > plus, wouldn't it be safer to set the widget default to "Cancel"
> > instead of "Discard" ?
> >

> Ctr+W is the default key-combo in the compose window
> for /Message/Close.
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/faq/index.php/Interface#How_can_I_change_the_key-bindings_.28hot-keys.29_in_Claws_Mail.3F
>
> with regards
>
> Paul

Yeah, Michael, I agree: Delete that hotkey. For the 1 in 10 times I
close a composed message deliberately instead of just as a product of
sending, I'd rather go through the menu than risk a fatfinger vanishing
what might have taken me an hour to compose.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key