[Users] Keyboard shortcuts - again

Brad Rogers brad at fineby.me.uk
Tue Feb 9 19:59:15 CET 2016

On Tue, 9 Feb 2016 19:43:32 +0100
Michael <codejodler at gmx.ch> wrote:

Hello Michael,

>I think i found it now: It's Ctrl+W 'discard message'. I must have hit
>this acciedntly (holding the Crl key down for a second too long) then
>hit Enter.

>It is not a menu item and i could not find the keyword 'discard' (by

Ctrl+W is the default keyboard shortcut for "Close" in the Message menu
of the internal editor of CM.

>grep) anywhere in the config files. How can i change the assignment ?

Same as for any other GTK app;  Hover the mouse pointer over the menu
item and press your preferred shortcut.  Recent versions of CM have the
ability to disable shortcut altering so, obviously, you'll have to check
that it's enabled.  Do so from Configuration menu, Preferences... ->
Other -> Miscellaneous -> Enable customisable keyboard shortcuts.

>plus, wouldn't it be safer to set the widget default to "Cancel"
>instead of "Discard" ?

That's probably a good idea.

--
 Regards  _