[Users] Claws Mail 3.13.2 Unleashed!!

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Feb 2 15:35:00 CET 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 07:57:22 +0000
Paul <claws at thewildbeast.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 2 Feb 2016 17:40:30 +1100
> blind Pete <peter_s_d at fastmail.com.au> wrote:

> > Does the CM team release security patches for "old" releases like
> > 3.12 or even 3.11?  I've just realized that I don't remember seeing
> > any mention of them recently.
>
> No, we just do new releases. Always moving forward. All users are
> encouraged to use the latest version. I don't see the point of
> issuing patches for previous versions.

I prefer security patches to the release bestowed by my distro, always
assuming my distro is less than 4 years old.

That being said, it's possible to compile Claws-Mail extra-distro, and,
without removing the distro-bestowed Claws, run the hand compiled one.
I've done it: It works.

Right now none of this applies to me, because I'm running a rolling
release (Void Linux), so all my software is very modern. My distro has
given me Claws-Mail 13.13.2, which I understand is pretty recent.

But I wouldn't recommend rolling release for everyone: sometimes it's
easier just to hand-compile Claws.

SteveT

Steve Litt
February 2016 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key