[Users] Instructions to configure Claws Mail -- help appreciated

Paul Rolland (=?UTF-8?B?44Od44O844Or44O744Ot44Op44Oz?=) rol at witbe.net
Mon Feb 1 16:20:04 CET 2016

Hello,

On Mon, 1 Feb 2016 16:03:29 +0100
Huey.Burton at gmx.ca wrote:

> Hello everyone on the mailing list! I am trying out Claws Mail and I need
> some help in configuring it. In particular:

> 4) is it possible to prevent the error messages from showing up in a
> pop-up window? They visually disturb the user, blocking any other
> operations, and I would like to only receive them in the background (in a
> log) or maybe in a more inobtrusive way. Thanks to everyone, --Huey

I only have an answer for this one:
Configuration > Preferences > Receiving
and check "Don't popup error dialog on receive error"
and then go to
Configuration > Preferences > Other > Logging
to configure the log to your taste.

Best,
Paul

--

Paul Rolland                                E-Mail : rol(at)witbe.net
CTO - Witbe.net SA                          Tel. +33 (0)1 47 67 77 77

LinkedIn : http://www.linkedin.com/in/paulrolland
Skype    : rollandpaul

"I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's
too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10
or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you
when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'"
--Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation