[Users] Best free e-mail service that works with Claws Mail by POP3

Michael codejodler at gmx.ch
Fri Dec 16 11:18:34 CET 2016

I'm using GMX accounts since many years, and yes, they got some amount of SPAM, but they have good custom SPAM filtering feature in their web interface, and anyway claws is good with that too ...  aside from that, GMX works just fine in every respect.

It's a German company, but because of their many connections to the USA (one big data center in Kansas, GMX owns mail.ocm from Philadelphia, PSI-USA of LAs Vegas, and the UK/USA sedo.com, and parent company United Internet has subsidiary in the USA too [see wikipedia United_Internet]  ) i don't entrust them with private mail anymore. I switched to small startup posteo.de which is 1 buck / month but puts a lot of effort into privacy and security.
I believe there is no "free" (as in beer) email provider who does not store, profile, and market your data. Especially not google.