[Users] Syncing Debian and Windows

francesco scaglione francesco.scaglione at sfr.fr
Wed Dec 14 23:38:33 CET 2016

I'm using Claws Mail on many PCs and Laptops for my personal accounts
and at work, all of them running Debian.

When I need to add a new machine, I simply sync the ./claws-mail and
the /Mail directories with the other PCs and the first time that I start
Claws Mail on the new PC everything is perfectly working, no need to
pass through the wizard to set anything: all the folders and the mails
are there.

Now I happen to have a new Windows machine and I tried to launch Claws
after syncing the same two directories with the Debian PCs, but this
time things are not going so smoothly... the wizard started and I
stopped it.

I guess that the structure of the Claws' directories in Windows is
completely different and so maybe what I'm trying to achieve is
impossible: is it so, or do you see another possibility?

Thank you very much for your help,
Francesco