[Users] Best free e-mail service that works with Claws Mail by POP3

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Dec 10 08:07:48 CET 2016

On Sat, 10 Dec 2016 07:59:51 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
>Hi,
>
>my experiences:
>
>Good:
>Zoho works with Claws and all mailing lists.
>Yahoo/Rocketmail works with Claws, but not with all mailing lists, but
>for anything else. Some mailing lists work around the issues and apart
>from this other providers will follow Yahoo soon or later and require
>the same workaround.
>
>Not good:
>IIRC Mail.com limits mails that can be send per hour and
>IIRC safe-mail.net requires to log in once a month or so.
>
>I'm using Zoho, Yahoo/Rocketmail and even mail.com, but my
>safe-mail.net accounts are unused.
>
>All my accounts are POP accounts, but IIRC all could be used with IMAP,
>too. However, you ask for POP accounts. I don't care if they are secure
>or insecure, respect privacy or not, so in this regards you need to do
>research on your own. If you do so, let me know what you find out about
>security and privacy.
>
>Regards,
>Ralf

PS:

I dislike to use spam filters of the providers, because they usually
cause too many false positives, so if possible I turn them off and if
required I use the usually not very good server filters. Anyway, I
don't receive much spam and the little bit of spam could be easily
filtered after retrieving using bogofilter. I don't know what kind of
settings I use by what of my accounts on the server side and I'm to lazy
to take a look, but I don't miss mail, so no false positives without
getting informed and again, not much spam.