[Users] Random delays... (bis)

wwp subscript at free.fr
Thu Dec 8 18:32:16 CET 2016

Hello Ralf, Pierre,

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 18:07:36 +0100 Ralf Mardorf <silver.bullet at zoho.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 11:44:59 -0500, Pierre Fortin wrote:
> >Should be fast enough...  :)
>
> Even my machine should be fast enough, too. FWIW the FS is mounted with
> relatime. I didn't use a stopwatch, but it often takes around 5 seconds
> to switch from one to another folder. This doesn't sound very long, but
> run

Strange, on both of you and Pierre's sides, system specs show powerful
machines. Here my config is way less powerful and entering a 40K-message
folder takes 5-8sec, a 20K-message 2.5-4sec, a 10K-message 1.5-3.5sec
(see how it seems to be proportional and consistent).

Note that in nearly all my folders (including the ones I mentionned), I
have few processing rules that applies when entering.

$ claws-mail --status-full|tail -1

specs:
Dell Latitude E6530 laptop running CentOS6 (kernel-2.6.32-642.11.1.el6.centos.plus),
Intel Core i5-3320M CPU @2.60GHz, nearly full ext4fs on 5K-rpm disk. Lots
of running apps including 2 huges Firefox instances, VMWare WS, etc.

Regards,

--
wwp