[Users] Random delays... (bis)

Pierre Fortin pf at pfortin.com
Thu Dec 8 17:44:59 CET 2016

On Thu, 8 Dec 2016 17:13:22 +0100 wwp wrote:

>Just curious about it, what hardware are you running Arch Linux on
>(CPU/RAM/Swap/Disk speed/VM?) ?
>What's the approximate number of emails per folder in which you see
>slowliness?

In my case:   Linux MGA5 with all updates on:
Dell M6800 -- definitely not a slouch...
  Intel Core i7-4710MQ (4 core/8 thread) at 2.5GHz
  32GB RAM (rarely if ever swaps -- using ~18GB at moment)
  HD: ST1000LM014-1EJ1 unspecified speed due to technology[1] (data sheet:
    http://www.seagate.com/www-content/datasheets/pdfs/laptop-sshd-dsDS1814-3-1602US-en_US.pdf)

Folders with only a handful of messages have been much slower than some
with 10000+ messages.

[1] from Seagate web site:
  8GB and 32GB NAND Flash technology performs up to 4× and 5× times
  faster, respectively, on application load times when compared to
  standard 7200-RPM HDDs

Should be fast enough...  :)

Pierre