[Users] is there a function to annotate emails?

Ricardo Mones ricardo at mones.org
Mon Aug 29 11:22:22 CEST 2016

Hi,

On Sun, Aug 28, 2016 at 11:18:45PM +0200, kardan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> does claws offer the possiblity to mark text passages and save
> those selections with a short note for later?
>
> Tags and markers affect a message as a whole but not parts of it.
>
> Alternatively one could mark the paragraph, press the reply button
> (CTRL+r) and send the selection to oneself. Then you see that you
> replied to the message, but it seems not possible to access the old
> message from the received one.
>
> Copying the text passage to another program also looses the track of
> the original. The option to collect quotes inside claws-mail with
> the option to jump to the originating thread anytime would make claws
> much more useful to me.

Have not tried it, but this one says you can go back to the original
mail which originated the note, so it could be useful to you:

https://github.com/hb/tomboy-claws-mail-addin

> Another question: Is it possible to check the quota usage of an account?
> I am not aware if every server offers this information.

No, and no. Quota is an extension to IMAP4 (see RFC 2087), which is not
supported. But patches to fix http://claws-mail.org/bug/1692 are welcome :-)

regards,
--
  Ricardo Mones