[Users] New compile: libwebkit not found

Andrej Kacian andrej at kacian.sk
Sun Aug 21 00:19:04 CEST 2016

On Sat, 20 Aug 2016 17:26:43 -0400
"Michael A. Yetto" <myetto1 at nycap.rr.com> wrote:

> Nothing is returned from this command, but it I raise the right side of
> the condition enough I get the following.
>
> Requested 'webkit-1.0 >= 3' but version of WebKit is 2.4.11

That looks like pkg-config that the configure script finds and uses is
different from the one you're using in terminal. Try studying  complete
configure output (or config.log), the script first tries to find a
pkg-config executable, and sets PKG_CONFIG variable with what it finds.

Or you could just try setting
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/pkgconfig".

Regards,
--
Andrej