[Users] Very bizarre behavior in searching

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Aug 19 04:32:42 CEST 2016

Hi all,

This is bizarre, and the most likely guess I have for what made it
happen is user error (repeated). But just in case it's a legitimate
Claws problem, I'll let you know here...

I extended searched my inbox for:

~D & al 60 & f brett

to find emails from my son. There were none, which is wrong. After a
whole bunch of evaluation, I saw that my inbox had a "to" column
instead of a "from" column, so of course my search turned up nobody.

While I tried to figure out how to change the columns in the message
list, my inbox magically reverted to having a from column instead of a
to column, and my searches started working again.

By far the most likely explanation is I was in the Sent folder instead
of Inbox, and just didn't know it (twice). But just in case this
*isn't* caused by Defective User, I'm recording what happened here.

Thanks,

SteveT

Steve Litt
== Whose business shall never be mentioned on the Claws-Mail List ==